Let’s face it. With school, sports, and hanging out with friends, getting metal braces is not at the top of your list of favorite things to do. Guess what? With Invisalign Teen you can straighten your teeth without having to deal with metal wires and brackets. That means you can still do all of the things that make these the best times of your life. Contact Dr. Rejman at Meadows Orthodontics (303-660-0112) for a free consult to see if Invisalign Teen��is right for you!
- NO ONE NEEDS TO KNOW – Invisalign Teen aligners are made of a smooth, clear plastic that is virtually invisible! Your friends probably won’t even know that you’re wearing them. In fact, they’re so comfortable, you may not notice you’re wearing them either. Whether you’re taking pictures or just hanging out with friends, you’ll enjoy a better smile every day.
- EAT WITH FREEDOM: You probably have friends with braces who aren’t allowed to eatcertain things like popcorn and chewing gum. With Invisalign Teen, you’re free to eat all of your favorite foods whenever you want because the aligners are completely removable.
- KEEP DOING WHAT YOU LOVE: Whether you play sports or a musical instrument, a mouthful of metal can often prevent you from enjoying the things you want to. Invisalign Teen helps you focus on doing what you do best – being a teenager.
Invisalign Teen – Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the difference between Invisalign and Invisalign Teen?Although treatment benefits and the underlying technology are the same, Invisalign Teen was developed with leading orthodontists to meet the unique clinical and social needs of teenagers. Some of the new features, found only on the teen product, include blue Compliance Indicators that are designed to gradually fade as the patient wears the aligner, Eruption tabs that accommodate the growth of the second molars in young adults, and other specific features that address clinical needs common to teen patients.
- How do I know my teen is wearing their aligner like they’re supposed to? Patient compliance is key to success with Invisalign. Invisalign recommends aligners be worn 20 to 22 hours a day for effective treatment. With the teen product, a new feature was added called a Compliance Indicator (also known as “the blue dot”). As the teen wears the aligner, the dot is designed to fade from blue to clear. This enables the teen, the parent and the doctor to have a visual cue of approximate duration of wear.
- What happens if my teen loses their aligners? For teen patients, Invisalign provides up to six individual replacement aligners. If an aligner is lost or broken, Dr. Rejman will probably tell the teen to start wearing their last set or next set of aligners right away. Replacement aligners usually arrive within one week.
- When is a teen eligible for Invisalign Teen? Invisalign Teen is designed for patients who have lost all their baby teeth and have second molars at least partially erupted (growing in). This includes most teens. We recommend that parents schedule a free consult to see if their teen is a candidate.
Text Courtesy of Invisalign, Edited by Dr. Rejman