At Meadows Orthodontics, we work really, really hard to make the process of aligning your teeth as affordable as possible. I thought it would be helpful to list the things that we do for our patients, and the things that our patients can do independently to help with the finances involved with this important investment.
- The best way to keep costs under control is to have orthodontic treatment only once in your life, and the best way to ensure this is to have it done properly the first time around. Do your homework when choosing an orthodontist! This is the most important part, and it is important to understand that braces are not a commodity. That is, two orthodontists can use the exact same braces, and the patient may end up with radically different results. The orthodontist’s decisions ultimately determine the quality of care that you receive (not the braces or brand of braces). Check the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO) website and the orthodontist locator to make sure that the professional you have choosen is an actual orthodontist (an orthodontic specialist) at mylifemysmile.org. You can then check if the orthodontist is Board Certified by the American Board of Orthodontics (ABO) at www.americanboardortho.com/portal/public/.
- Take full advantage of Health Savings Accounts (HSA), or Flex Spending plans. These can be set up through your employer’s human resource dept., or can be set up through a local bank. The power of using these accounts is that they allow you use money that you earn without paying taxes on the amount that is used for braces or invisalign, which could save you well over 20%! Our staff will help you set up your plans, and will help you with proper timing in starting treatment to take full advantage of HSA and Flex benefits.
- Take advantage of our 0% interest in house financing plans. We will gladly extend fees into monthly payments for the length of your treatment. Since there is no interest and is financed 100% through our practice, this really helps most families. We also offer discounts if you wish to pay in full at the start of treatment. Either way, we will always find a way to make things very comfortable for your family and your lifestyle.
- Make sure you wear your retainers after orthodontic treatment is completed. I see hundreds of adults that had braces as teenagers, had amazing teeth, then stopped wearing their retainers in their late teens. Over the years, their teeth have become more and more misaligned, and they often come in for orthodontic treatment again. These days we strss the importance of lifetime retention to keep your teeth straight. We will discuss the various retainers available (which can be permanently fixed or removable), and help you decide what will be comfortable and predictable for the long run. I love seeing my patients, but I do not want to treat them a second time later in life!
- We offer discounts for multiple family members, and discuss the differing costs for different types of braces, clear braces, and clear aligners. We are also kind to those who serve our country in the Armed Forces, and the police officers and firemen who protect us. Give us a call- you will be surprised how easy it is to get an amazing smile very affordably!
Dr. Dan Rejman is the owner of Meadows Orthodontics, which has two locations within Castle Rock, Colorado. We are open five days a week in Castle Rock, and are open evenings and every other Saturday for the convenience of the busy people in our home town!