Are you interested in Invisalign? People are drawn to others who display an attractive smile! Invisalign is an excellent option for straightening your teeth, especially for adults who are nervous about the appearance of traditional metal braces. Whether you have an upcoming important life event (wedding, graduation, reunion) or you want to improve your smile and confidence for your career or personal life, please contact Dr. Rejman and Meadows Orthodontics at 303.660.0112 for more information or to schedule a free consult.
How Does Invisalign Work? Invisalign uses a series of clear, removable aligners to gradually straighten teeth, without metal or wires. After detailed impressions are taken of the teeth (Meadows Orthodontics now uses all digital impressions by iTero! Click here to read more!), the company utilizes proprietary 3D computer imaging technology to map the patient’s complete treatment from start to finish. Patients wear each set of aligners for about two weeks. During this time, the aligners gradually move the teeth until they come to rest in a prescribed final position. Dr. Rejman guides this process with a specialist’s precision during the pre-fabrication planning of treatment, during the treatment, and refinements (extra detailing aligners) after your initial set of aligners. This attention to detail ensures the best results possible for your smile.
The total treatment time with Invisalign depends on the severity of the misalignment of your teeth. It can take as little as several months for minor corrections, but typical cases usually average between 9-15 months.
Benefits of Invisalign: Not only does Invisalign effectively straighten teeth, it also offers many other benefits that make it an ideal choice for adult or teen’s active lifestyles.
- It Fits Busy Lifestyles: Since Invisalign aligners are comfortable and durable, it is easy for patients undergoing treatment to continue their favorite activities such as participating in sports and playing musical instruments – activities that can sometimes be challenging or uncomfortable with traditional metal braces. Invisalign also looks great – it’s near-invisibility is still one of the most popular features for teens and adults alike; treatment is very inconspicuous, making it easier to “fit in” rather than call attention to treatment.
- It’s Removable: Since aligners can be taken out to brush and floss, patients can maintain normal, healthy hygiene during treatment. Invisalign can also be removed for eating. One of its major advantages is the ability to continue with your normal diet with no forbidden foods or changes to mealtime routines. Invisalign provides the best of both worlds; they are virtually invisible when worn, an removable when needed.
- It’s Comfortable: Invisalign aligners are made of lightweight plastic that is custom-fitted to each patient’s teeth. There are no wires or metal brackets rubbing the mouth or gums of patients.
- Doesn’t Interrupt Your Life: Adults often feel that teeth straightening is too much trouble, too embarrassing or too disruptive, so they forego any treatment. Invisalign is an ideal solution for adults to straighten their teeth and achieve a beautiful smile in a reasonable amount of time. There are feelings of self-consciousness during treatment (as the aligners are nearly invisible), with only minimal impact on the patient’s busy schedule.
- The Best of Both Worlds: Adults want a subtle solution, and Invisalign aligners provide the best of both worlds: they are virtually invisible when worn, and removable when needed.
- Straight Teeth are Healthy Teeth: While many adults look at straightening their teeth for cosmetic reasons, it’s important to know that straighter teeth and a proper bite can be beneficial to your overall periodontal health.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Invisalign as effective as traditional braces? Like braces, Invisalign effectively straightens teeth. Invisalign has been the orthodontic treatment of choice for nearly two million patients. Some cases are better treated with traditional braces, and Dr. Rejman will be able to advise you following an analysis of your specific orthodontic needs.
- How long does Invisalign treatment take? The length of treatment depends on the severity of each case and can only be determined by Dr. Rejman; however, most Invisalign cases are completed within about one year.
- What material are the aligners made of? Are they comfortable? Invisalign retainers are made from a lightweight, BPA-free plastic material that is designed to fit precisely in the patient’s mouth. Although there may be occasional discomfort due to the snug fit of starting with a new set of aligners, patients don’t have to worry about the more regular irritation and inconvenience of metal braces.
- How long has Invisalign been available? Invisalign has been available to adults since 1998 and Invisalign Teen was introduced in the summer of 2008.
- What types of cases can Invisalign treat? Invisalign has been used to treat a wide array of malocclusions from very simple to severe, including crowding, spacing, overjet, underbite, deep bite, open bite, midline shift, and crossbite. The only way to really answer this question is have a patient evaluated by an Invisalign Provider, like Dr. Rejman.